Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Visions of a Dying Man

My uncle passed away a few weeks ago. He was a WWII veteran and married to my aunt for 64 years. His last few months were spent in a nursing home. I was heart broken at some of the things I was hearing about him. He was imagining that my aunt was (at almost 90 years of age) having an affair. He believed that every night when he went to sleep, she would slip out the door with her boyfriend and hit the streets until early dawn returning before he awoke. He was so convinced of this fantasy that in his waking moments he would yell at my aunt in anger over her infidelities. He would threaten her with divorce and accuse her of terrible things. She, of course, knew he was not in his right mind and patiently, but tearfully, ignored him. His final accusation was that she bore her lover twins and was hiding them from him. My family would sometimes laugh at the things he would come up with. I myself thought he was just losing it.....until 2 days ago. My family had yet another yet different crisis but this one had me traveling. It was on this long drive, in deep thought and prayer for what family issues I knew lay ahead, that the Lord revealed something to me. My uncle was not losing his mind. He was dreaming. In his fragile state, he could not differentiate between fantasty and reality, however, he believed that my gracious, wonderful, faithful aunt was with her boyfriend lover every night. And eventually bore her lover twins. The revelation was not what the dream meant but that he was dreaming. He wasn't losing his mind and he wasn't hallucinating. What does this mean to me? It means that God was speaking to him about the darkness and dark forces that controlled his marriage and family. I was elated and sad at this revelation. Because I knew how simple it would have been to pray over my uncle and bind the spirit he saw in his dreams. You see in my uncle's dying state he was closer to the spirit realm than he had ever been before. He did not realize, because he was not a spiritual person, that the dark man he saw in his dream was a dark spirit. Had I had this revelation before his death, I would have prayed to bind the spirit and release God's blessings over him. Yes I prayed blessings over him but couldn't understand why my prayers were hitting invisible walls...The scripture tells us we must FIRST bind the strong man. As far as I'm concerned his dreams exposed the enemy and simultaneously gave us a prayer strategy for breaking the powers of darkness. Iwill never again ignore the visions of a dying man.

I will know better next time.

Your Fellow Dreamer,
Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment