A friend sent me a dream yesterday and it was amazing to see how God spoke to her about some turmoil inside her very being. She had just had a conversation the day before with someone about the questions and turmoil inside concerning faith. God loves so much that He will speak to us in the night concerning our fears and questions that we cannot hear during our waking hours.
You see, my friend was being told something different on every hand, something different by everyone she talked to. Well, when God steps in He brings order, answers and His great Love!
Dreams are His mercy and care for us!
God wants to communicate with, and through, His people
1. This principle is implied in Paul’s exhortation, “For you can all prophesy one by one, that all may learn and all may be encouraged.”
2. Revelation from God draws us into the awareness that He is intimately aware of our circumstances and actively involved in our lives.
Dreams are very symbolic
1. “Your young men shall see visions; your old men shall dream dreams”
To understand dreams you need maturity
Remember the general principle: Dreams are symbolic while visions are more literal in nature.
Consider the highly evocative language Job uses to describe his response and understanding of the dreams and visions he believes are from God.
Job 7:14-15 “Then You scare me with dreams and terrify me with visions, so that my soul chooses strangling and death rather than my body.”
1. You scare me= You break me down and confuse me.
2. Dreams = To speak symbolically
3. Terrify me= To be overcome with wonder
4. Visions= To contemplate or look at another dimension
Dreams are transcendent
Dreams transcend the dimensions of:
For example: your dream isn't in the same confines of your real life. You can be taking a shower (now there's another subject) in one scene and without ever getting out of the shower or getting dressed you can find yourself at the mall fully dressed and not know how you got there. You can be an adult in your bedroom that you had as a child, or a child in the adult house where you lived 10 years ago or in a house you've never seen but know that it is your house. Dreams transcend all dimensions!
See you in your dreams! Beverly